Since my mother passed away on February 8th of this year, many people who knew and loved her have been having a difficult time with closure. In most cases, a family death is followed by a funeral or some type of event memorializing the deceased. My mother didn’t want that, but she did not object to people having small gatherings.
Theresa and I have been planning this memorial for a while. We were planning on keeping it a pretty private affair, with just some of the people that knew and cared for her here in Texas. However, since family and friends seem to be having a hard time with closure, we have decided to live-stream this event for anyone who wants to join us.
Here is the information regarding that memorial for LaVerne O’Connor (a.k.a. Auntie Lovey):
- The memorial will take place at 4:00 p.m. Central time on Saturday, May 26, 2018.
- It will be live-streamed on YouTube by Denni Ruze Productions.
- Mike will post the link to the live-stream on Facebook, as well as this page, as soon as it is known. That way someone does not need to be a friend of Mike’s on Facebook to get the link.
- We anticipate the live-stream to last about 30 minutes.
- If you would like to participate in the memorial, please see below.
There are two ways to directly participate in the memorial, aside from just watching it:
- Have something that you wrote read during the memorial.
- Have a recording of something you said played during the memorial.
If you would like to have something you wrote read during the memorial, please do the following:
- Write whatever it us you want to write.
- Find a photo of yourself in portrait orientation (height greater than width). If you want to use a photo of yourself and my mother, that is also fine. The photo will be shown on the screen when your words are being read.
- Email the writing and the photo to Mike at email@example.com.
- The email MUST BE RECEIVED by noon (central time) on Friday, May 25th. Mike will contact you if he has any questions.
If you would like a recording of something you said played during the memorial, please do the following:
- Although it’s not mandatory, it is suggested that you write down whatever it is you want to record.
- Record your voice. Most cell phones are capable of recording audio. If you cannot record your voice, please email Mike at firstname.lastname@example.org immediately to discuss other options.
- Find a photo of yourself in portrait orientation (height greater than width). If you want to use a photo of yourself and my mother, that is also fine. The photo will be shown on the screen when your your recording is being played.
- Once you have your voice recorded, please upload the file to this Dropbox folder. File MUST BE UPLOADED by noon (central time) on Friday, May 26th.
If you have ANY problems, please contact Mike at email@example.com. Time is of the essence.