Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 35:31 — 49.2MB) | Embed
Subscribe now and never miss an episode! Spotify | Stitcher | Blubrry | Email | Deezer | RSS | More
About this Episode
In this episode, Clueless Gent talks to Texas author Chris Manno. Chris has quite the list of credentials. He’s a retired airline captain, a lifelong cartoonist, a college professor, as well as a highly successful published author. Chris provides our listeners with a plethora of writing information and advice, centering around his concept of habitable writing—living prose. This is the concept Chris teaches to his university students. He also discusses his books, which include both fiction and nonfiction. Please join us.
About our Guest – Chris Manno
Rather than a guest bio, Chris Manno provided me with his résumé. I think it speaks volumes about Chris and his accomplishments, so that is what’s being posted here.
- Virginia Military Institute graduate BA English
- Commissioned USAF officer and pilot 1978-1985
- American Airlines pilot 1985-2020 (flew 727, 737, MD80, F-100, and DC-10)
- American Airlines captain 1991-2020
- TCU post-graduate student and teacher while flying full schedule; earned PhD in Rhetoric and Literature at TCU
- Adjunct professor of English at TCU, 2003-present
- East Jesus published 2016 (NTBF Finalist, Best Fiction 2017)
- Voodoo Rush published 2017 (NTBF Award: Best Fiction 2018)
- Blood and Remembrance published 2018 (NTBF Finalist, Best Fiction 2019)
- Sanctuary Moon published 2019 (NTBF Finalist, Best Fiction 2020)
- An Airline Pilot’s Life published 2020 (NTBF Award: Best Non-fiction 2020; Amazon #1 New Release)
- Retired from American Airlines 2020
- Currently teaching three TCU writing classes.
- NTBF = N. Texas Book Festival
Connect with Chris Manno
◊ Goodreads ◊ Amazon Author Page ◊
Chris Manno’s Books
Additional Episode Information and Links
- Here is a link to the Facebook page with Chris Manno’s cartoon work.
- During the episode, Chris discusses some of the merits of All Things Left Wild, by James Wade. Here is the link to that book:
◊ An Airline Pilot’s Life – A Clueless Gent Review
◊ Aircrew Confidential – A Clueless Gent Review
3 thoughts on “Episode 5: Clueless Gent Talks to Chris Manno”
Enjoyed hearing you guys chat.
This was a great interview, and WOW is right! So informative — something for pretty much any listener to think about. (And thanks to Chris for the Lone Star Lit shout out. We are fans of his work, too.)